Acefix 3 Star
Economy grade thinset adhesive for installation of ceramic tiles on interior floor and wall. Its unique blend of cement, silica, polymers and additives gives excellent bonding between tile and substrates for most demanding installation requirements. It can also be mixed with Acemix 2C Latex admix for enhanced performance like flexibility, additional workability and better bonding strength. While mixing, replaced part of water with small quantity of Aceproof IWP will improve water resistance property of the system.
- Economy grade, cost efficient.
- High Performance, low shrinking.
- Superior quality, Easy to fix.
- Strong bonding strength, good workability.
- Complies to Indian and International Standards(IS 15477:2004 / EN 12004 / ANSI A 118.1)
- Mixing Ratio: 4.5 to 5 ltr for 20 kg powder
- Open Time: Approx 20 min
- Adjustment Time:Approx 20 min
- Pot Life: Approx 4 hrs
- Tensile adhesion strength (28 days): Minimum 200 PSI (1.4 N.mm2)
- Shear bond strength: Minimum 250 PSI (1.75 N/mm2)
- Compressive strength: Minimum 3000PSI(21 N/mm)
- Duration for light foot trafic: 6 hrs
- Duration for normal foot trafic: 16 hrs
- Duration for heavy foot trafic: 24 hrs
- Duration for grouting: 24 hrs
Use 4.5 – 5 ltr of water or Acemix 2C latex admix for 20 kg powder. Take liquid in a 20 ltr clean pail and pour powder slowly to the pail under slow mixing. Mix by hand or use a low speed drill mixer (150 – 200 rpm speed) to achieve a smooth, paste-like consistency. Let the homogeneously mixed adhesive mixture slake or stand 5 -10 minutes, stir again and use. Stir occasionally, but do not add more water. When properly mixed, troweled ridges will stand without slump.
Use a required size notch trowel to ensure proper coverage under tiles. Using the flat side of the trowel, apply a skim coat of mortar to the surface. With the help of properly notched or teeth side of the trowel held at 45° angle, apply additional mortar to the surface, combing in one direction. Press the tile firmly into place in a perpendicular motion across ridges, moving back and forth. The perpendicular motion flattens ridges and closes valleys, allowing maximum coverage. With some tile, back-buttering is advisable. Adjust the tile promptly and beat it in with a beating block and rubber mallet. Periodically pull up a tile and check the back to ensure proper adhesive coverage. If the material has skinned over, recomb with the notch trowel. If too dry, remove and replace the dry material with fresh material. Material in the bucket will remain workable for approximately 3- 4 hours.
Interior applications for wall and floor for ceramic tiles. It can also be used to fix small format vitrified tiles (1ftX1ft) for interior floor application.
- Cement floors or plaster
- Cement bed
Surface must be structurally strong. Remove all grease, oil, dirt, curing compounds, sealers, adhesives, efflorescence or any other contaminant that would prevent good bonding. Concrete or plaster must be cured 28 days prior to bonding unless it is made with Acescreed or Aceplast and should not be subjected to hydrostatic pressure. Expansion joints should never be bridged with setting material. Surface temperature should be maintained above 10° C or below 38° C to achieve proper bonding.
Approximately 3 sft per 1 kg for 3 mm bed thickness. Coverage will vary depending on surface undulation and application variances.
Available in 5kg, 20 kg and 30 kg bags in grey colour.
12 months, if stored in cool and dry area in unopened bag.
Curing and protection:
Curing time is affected by ambient, surface temperatures and humidity. Generally, light foot traffic can be allowed in 16 hours at 25°C, normal foot traffic in 24 hours and heavy foot traffic in 7days after installation.
Grouting can be done after 24 hrs of installation of tiles. Use Acegrout superfine series grout for up to 3mm joints and Acegrout coarse series grout for 3 - 12 mm joints. Use Acepoxy Epoxy grout for stain and chemical resistance, hygienic grout. Please call customer service executive for more information.
- Store in cool and dry place.
- High humidity or moisture will affect the product.
- Once bag is opened, then finish it off without keeping for long time.
- This product contains Portland cement and free silica. Avoid eye contact or prolonged contact with skin.
- Wash thoroughly after handling. If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes and consult a physician.
- Do not breathe dust; wear PPE whenever necessary.