Acefix 7 Star
A superior quality polymer modified thinset adhesive with non-slump formula that eliminates slippage and gives excellent mechanical property. It is designed for fixing large format tiles and natural stones for most demanding internal floor and wall application. It can be mixed with Acemix 2C Latex admix for enhanced performance like flexibility, additional workability and better bonding strength. It can also be fortified with Acemix Superflex admix for high flexibility and bonding tile or stones on special grade plywood.
- Superior grade, excellent bonding.
- Excellent quality, Easy to fix
- Suitable for both interior floor and wall
- Suitable for exterior dado application
- Additional working time, improved water resistance property
- Easy mixing with liquid, nice consistency
- Complies to Indian and International standards (IS 15477:2004/EN 12004/ANSI A 118.4)
- Mixing Ratio: 4.5 to 5 ltr for 20 kg powder
- Open Time: Approx 20 min
- Adjustment Time:Approx 20 min
- Pot Life: Approx 4 hrs
- Tensile adhesion strength: Minimum 300 PSI (2 N/mm2)
- Shear bond strength: Minimum 350 PSI (2.41 N/mm2)
- Compressive strength: Minimum 4000 PSI (27 N/mm2)
- Duration for light foot trafic: 6 hrs
- Duration for normal foot trafic: 24 hrs
- Duration for heavy foot trafic: 72 hrs
- Duration for grouting: 24 hrs
- Cement floors or plaster
- Cement bed
- Store in cool and dry place.
- High humidity or moisture will affect the product.
- Once bag is opened, then finish it off without keeping for long time.
- This product contains Portland cement and free silica. Avoid eye contact or prolonged contact with skin.
- Wash thoroughly after handling. If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes and consult a physician.
- Do not breathe dust; wear PPE whenever necessary.
Use 4.5 – 5 ltr of water or Acemix 2C latex admix or Acemix Superflex admix (for plywood bonding) for 20 kg powder. Take liquid in a 20 ltr clean pail and pour powder slowly to the pail under slow mixing. Mix by hand or use a slow speed drill mixer (150 – 200 rpm speed) to achieve a smooth, paste-like consistency. Let the homogeneously mixed adhesive mixture slake orstand 5 –10 minutes, stir again and use. Stir occasionally, but do not add more water. When properly mixed, troweled ridges will stand without slump.
Use a required size notch trowel to ensure proper coverage under tiles. Using the flat side of the trowel, apply a skim coat of mortar to the surface. With the help of properly notched or teeth side of the trowel held at a 45° angle, apply additional mortar to the surface, combing in one direction. Press the tile firmly into place in a perpendicular motion across ridges, moving back and forth. The perpendicular motion flattens ridges and closes valleys, allowing maximum coverage. With some tile, back-buttering is advisable. Adjust the tile promptly and beat it in with a beating block and rubber mallet. Periodically pull up a tile and check the back to ensure proper adhesive coverage. If the material has skinned over, recomb with the notch trowel. If too dry, remove and replace the dry material with fresh material. Material in the bucket will remain workable for approximately 3- 4 hours.
Interior and exterior application for floor and wall.
Can fortify with Acemix Superflex admix for improved performance and high flexibility and bonding tile or stones on special grade plywood.
Surfaces must be structurally strong. Remove all grease, oil, dirt, curing compounds, sealers, adhesives or any other contaminant that would prevent good bonding. Glossy or painted surfaces must be sanded, or abraded, and stripped off all contaminants. Concrete or plaster must be cured 28 days prior to bonding unless it is made with Acescreed or Aceplast Premium. Concrete must be free of efflorescence and not subject to hydrostatic pressure. Concrete slabs should have a course finish to enhance the bond. Roughen the surface by sanding or abrading, then rinse and allow to dry. Expansion joints should never be bridged with setting material. Surface temperature should be maintained above 10° C or below 38° C to achieve proper bond. For questions about proper installation, call Technical Services executives on +91 963 260 5577.
Available in 20 kg bags in grey and white colour.
12 months if stored in cool and dry area in unopened bag. Shelf life is calculated from the month of manufacturing of the product.
Approximately 3 sft per 1 kg for 3 mm bed thickness. Coverage will vary depending on surface undulation and application variances.
Curing and Protection:
Curing time is affected by ambient, surface temperatures and humidity. Generally, light foot traffic can be allowed in 16 hours at 25°C, normal foot traffic in 24 hours and heavy foot traffic in 7days after installation.
Grouting can be done after 24 hrs of installation of tiles. Use Acegrout superfine series grout for up to 3mm joints and Acegrout coarse series grout for 3 - 12 mm joints. Use Acepoxy Epoxy grout for stain and chemical resistance, hygienic grout. Please call customer service executive for more information.