Acefix Turbo-Epoxy Adhesive
General purpose epoxy adhesive used for bonding any kind of tiles over structurally sound metal or steel substrates. It is a high strength, solvent free, 100% epoxy adhesive that gives excellent bonding strength, acid and chemical resistance to the system. It is highly suitable for residential or commercial application where area is exposed to high traffic impact.
- Excellent quality, low odour
- Solvent-free, non flammable
- Water cleanable, easy to use
- Ideal for installation of non porous tiles on non porous substrates. Ex: Bonding of resin coated tiles, agglomerates, etc on metal or steel surface
- High chemical and acid resistance
Take one part of Hardener and two parts of Resin in a clean pail. Mix Resin and Hardener thoroughly. Add required amount of Part C powder slowly to the mixed Resin & Hardener under stirring. Mix by hand or use slow speed drill mixer (150 – 200 rpm speed) to achieve smooth, paste-like consistency. Let the homogeneously mixed adhesive mixture slake or stand 3 -5 minutes, stir again and use. Stir occasionally, but do not add water. When it is properly mixed, troweled ridges will stand without slump.
Use a required size notch trowel to ensure proper coverage under tiles. Using the flat side of the trowel, apply a skim coat of mixed Acefix Turbo to the surface. With the help of properly notched or teeth side of the trowel held at 45° angle, apply additional mortar to the surface, combing in one direction. Press the tile firmly into place in a perpendicular motion across ridges, moving back and forth. The perpendicular motion flattens ridges and closes valleys, allowing maximum coverage. With some tile, back-buttering is advisable. Adjust the tile promptly and beat it in with a beating block and rubber mallet. Periodically pull up a tile and check the back to ensure proper adhesive coverage. If the material has skinned over, recomb with the notch trowel. If too dry, remove and replace the dry material with fresh material. Mixed material will remain workable for approximately 30-45 minutes.
Resin coated tiles, agglomerates, vinyl, metal, glass or other resilient tiles, marbles and granites, selected plastics etc on concrete, masonry, brick, terrazzo, metal or steel surface.
Approximately 5 sft per 1 kg for 2 mm bed thickness. Coverage will vary depending on surface undulation and application variances. For questions about proper installation, call Technical Services executives on +91 963 260 5577.
Available in 5 kg and 30 kg kit in grey or white colour
Curing and protection:
Curing time is affected by ambient, surface temperatures and humidity. Generally, light foot traffic can be allowed in 16 hours at 25°C, normal foot traffic in 24 hours and heavy foot traffic in 7days after installation.
- Store in cool and dry place.
- High temperature will affect the product.
- Once pack is opened, then finish it off without keeping for long time.
- This product contains epoxy material and silica based filler powder. Avoid eye contact or prolonged contact with skin.
- Wash thoroughly after handling. If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes and consult a physician.
- Do not breathe closely; wear PPE whenever necessary.
12 months if stored in cool and dry area in unopened bag. Shelf life is calculated from the month of manufacturing of the product.