Aceproof Rainshield is a superior quality latex admixture designed for mix with 1 part of Portland cement at site before application. The slurry made with Aceproof Rainshield and Portland cement works as an excellent waterproofing additive as well as a very good bonding agent. With its unique blend of latex, additives and selected ingredients offers ultimate in bond strength and flexibility for the most demanding installation requirements.
- Very good waterproofing property
- Excellent bonding property
- No degradation on long term exposure
- Suitable for internal and external application
- Waterproofing of slope terraces, walls, etc
- Bonding agent as old to new concrete
- Additive for repair mortar
- Once surface preparation is over, then add 1 part of Portland cement to one part of Aceproof Rainshield.
- Stir by hand or by using slow speed mixer until get homogeneous slurry.
- Apply mixed slurry on to the prepared substrate using a bristle brush.
- Two coats are recommended for excellent result. Apply subsequent coat after 2-4 hours curing of previous coat.
- Maintain each coat thickness of 1mm and not more than 1.5 mm.
- Allow 14-16 hours curing of final coat before laying concrete or tiling.
- Concrete, cement mortar beds, cement plasters, etc
- Plywood and other dry wall applications.
- Concrete masonry, brick masonry, cement terrazo,etc.
- Surface must be structurally strong
- Remove all grease, oil, dirt, curing compounds, sealers, adhesive or any other contaminant that would prevent good bonding
- Concrete or plaster must be cured 28 days prior to bonding unless it is made with Acescreed or Aceplast
- Dampen the surface before application of water proofing coating but make sure no free standing water is present during application
Available in 1, 5 and 20 liter pack
12 months, if stored in cool and dry area in unopened container
Approximately 25 sft per ltr for 1.5 mm thickness for two coats. Coverage will vary depending on surface undulation and application variances.
- Store in cool and dry place.
- High temperature or moisture will affect the product.
- Once container is opened, then finish it off without keeping for long time.
- This product contains latex based emulsion and other chemical additive. Avoid eye contact or prolonged contact with skin.
- Wash thoroughly after handling. If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes and consult a physician.
- Do not breathe directly; wear PPE whenever necessary
CURING AND PROTECTIVE MEASURES
Curing time is affected by ambient, surface temperatures and humidity. Water proofed area should be completely covered up to 24 hours.