Acefix 2 in 1
An excellent, superior quality, water resistance plaster cum tile and stone setting adhesive with additional working time, exceptional flexibility and high bond strength. It is prepared with a unique blend of carefully selected superior grade polymers and ingredients, premium cement and treated aggregates. It eliminates prior plastering to the undulated wall or floor surface of up to 15 mm undulation and increases installation time. It is a smooth, flexible adhesive that provides excellent wet-out on the back of the floor tiles and eliminate the voids.
- Excellent quality, Easy to fix
- Interior and exterior application, Suitable for floor and wall
- Tiles can directly be bed-in, without prior plastering hence increases the installation time
- With its excellent wet-out property on back of the tile, it eliminates voids and hollow sound
- Excellent handling characteristics through extended open and adjustment time
- Ideal for all type of surfaces. Good mechanical property
- Mixing Ratio: Approx 7 ltr for 30 kg powder
- Open Time: Approx 15 min
- Adjustment Time:Approx 15 min
- Pot Life: Approx 4 hrs
- Tensile adhesion strength (28 days) Minimum 275 PSI (1.9 N/mm2)
- Shear bond strength: Minimum 300PSI(2.06 N/mm)
- Compressive strength: Minimum 3000PSI(20.6 N/mm)
- Duration for light foot trafic: 6 hrs
- Duration for normal foot trafic: 24 hrs
- Duration for heavy foot trafic: 72 hrs
- Duration for grouting: 24 hrs
Use 7 – 7.5 ltr of water for mixing 30 kg powder. Take water in a clean pail and pour powder slowly to the pail under slow mixing. Mix by hand or use a low speed drill mixer (150 – 200 rpm speed) to achieve a smooth, paste-like consistency. Let the homogeneously mixed adhesive mixture slake or stand 5 -10 minutes, stir again and use. Stir occasionally, but do not add more water. When properly mixed, troweled ridges will stand without slump.
Use a required size notch trowel to ensure proper coverage under tiles. Using the flat side of the trowel, apply a skim coat of mortar to the surface. With the help of properly notched or teeth side of the trowel held at a 45° angle, apply additional mortar to the surface, combing in one direction. Press the tile firmly into place in a perpendicular motion across ridges, moving back and forth. The perpendicular motion flattens ridges and closes valleys, allowing maximum coverage. With some tile, back-buttering is advisable. Adjust the tile promptly and beat it in with a beating block and rubber mallet. Periodically pull up a tile and check the back to ensure proper adhesive coverage. If the material has skinned over, recomb with the notch trowel. If too dry, remove and replace the dry material with fresh material. Material in the bucket will remain workable for approximately 3- 4 hours.
- Interior and exterior applications for floor and wall.
- Cement floors, concrete bed
- Ceramic tiles and stones
- For some categories dry wall boards
Surfaces must be structurally strong. Remove all grease, oil, dirt, curing compounds, sealers, adhesives or any other contaminant that would prevent good bonding. Glossy or painted surfaces must be sanded, or abraded, and stripped off all contaminants. Concrete or plaster must be cured 28 days prior to bonding unless it is made with Acescreed or Aceplast Premium. Concrete must be free of efflorescence and not subject to hydrostatic pressure. Concrete slabs should have a course finish to enhance the bond. Roughen the surface by sanding or abrading, then rinse and allow to dry. Expansion joints should never be bridged with setting material. Surface temperature should be maintained above 10° C or below 38° C to achieve proper bond. For questions about proper installation, call Technical Services executives on +91 963 260 5577.
Available in 30 kg bags in grey colour
12 months if stored in cool and dry area in unopened bag. Shelf life is calculated from the month of manufacturing of the product.
Curing and protection:
Curing time is affected by ambient, surface temperatures and humidity. Generally, light foot traffic can be allowed in 16 hours at 25°C, normal foot traffic in 24 hours and heavy foot traffic in 7days after installation.
Grouting can be done after 24 hrs of installation of tiles. Use Acegrout superfine series grout for up to 3mm joints and Acegrout coarse series grout for 3 - 12 mm joints. Use Acepoxy Epoxy grout for stain and chemical resistance, hygienic grout. Please call customer service executive for more information.
|THICKNESS||For 30 kg|
|3 mm||80 sft|
|6 mm||39 sft|
|9 mm||27 sft|
|12 mm||20 sft|
|15 mm||16 sft|