Acestar Tile Gum Paste
A brilliant, DIY technology, ready to use, premixed paste form, flexible, water resistance thin-bed wall and floor tile gum that remains flexible after curing. It is designed particularly for most internal thin bed wall and floor application over concrete, cement render, fibrous cement sheeting, plaster board, porous substrates, rendered brick work, etc. It is suitable for all kind of tiles including glass, metal, etc and natural stones to bond over most demanding and difficult-to-bond dry wall substrates for interior renovation or repair purpose.
- Ready-to-use, just open and use. No need to mix anything
- Excellent quality, Easy to fix, tile does not slip
- Suitable for both floor and wall application
- Excellent handling characteristics through extended open and adjustment time
- Ideal for all type of tile and stones, suitable for tile on tile, tile on glass or vice-versa
- Outstanding flexibility with high strength for most difficult-to-bond substrates
- Very good mechanical property
This is a DIY concept, premixed ready to use product. Therefore nothing needs to be added or mixed. Just open the pail and use it.
Use a required size notch trowel to ensure proper coverage under tiles. Using the flat side of the trowel, apply a skim coat of mortar to the surface. With the help of properly notched or teeth side of the trowel held at 45° angle, apply additional mortar to the surface, combing in one direction. Back buttering is required for large format tiles of 1ftX1ft and above. Press the tile firmly into place in a perpendicular motion across ridges, moving back and forth. The perpendicular motion flattens ridges and closes valleys, allowing maximum coverage. Adjust the tile promptly and beat it in with a beating block and rubber mallet. Periodically pull up a tile and check the back to ensure proper adhesive coverage. If the material has skinned over, recomb with the notch trowel. If too dry, remove and replace the dry material with fresh material.
- Interior & Exterior application for floor and wall.
- For glass tile, veneer, metal, ceramic and all type of natural stones.
- For tile over most difficult-to-bond substrates.
- Cement floors, concrete bed
- Ceramic tiles and stones
- For most category dry wall boards like gypsum, Cement particle board, calcium silicate board, veneer, plywood, etc.
Surfaces must be structurally strong. Remove all grease, oil, dirt, curing compounds, sealers, adhesives or any other contaminant that would prevent good bonding. Glossy or painted surfaces must be sanded, or abraded, and stripped off all contaminants. Concrete or plaster must be cured 28 days prior to bonding unless it is made with Acescreed or Aceplast Premium. Concrete must be free of efflorescence and not subject to hydrostatic pressure. Concrete slabs should have a course finish to enhance the bond. Roughen the surface by sanding or abrading, then rinse and allow to dry. Expansion joints should never be bridged with setting material. Surface temperature should be maintained above 10° C or below 38° C to achieve proper bond. For questions about proper installation, call Technical Services executives on +91 963 260 5577.
Available in 5kg, 10kg and 20kg pails in white colour
12 months, if stored in cool and dry area in unopened container.
Approximately 5 sft per 1 kg material for 2.5-3mm bed thickness. Coverage will vary depending on surface undulation and application variances.
Curing and protection:
Curing time is affected by ambient, surface temperatures and humidity. Generally, light foot traffic can be allowed in 16 hours at 25°C, normal foot traffic in 24 hours and heavy foot traffic in 7days after installation.
Grouting can be done after 24 hrs of installation of tiles. Use Acegrout superfine series grout for up to 3mm joints and Acegrout coarse series grout for 3 - 12 mm joints. Use Acepoxy Epoxy grout for stain and chemical resistance, hygienic grout. Please call customer service executive for more information.
- Store in cool and dry place.
- High humidity or moisture will affect the product.
- Once bag is opened, then finish it off without keeping for long time.
- This product contains Portland cement and free silica. Avoid eye contact or prolonged contact with skin.
- Wash thoroughly after handling. If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes and consult a physician.
- Do not breathe dust; wear PPE whenever necessary