Acestar Dustfree Adhesive
Acestar - Dustfree Tile Adhesive has been specifically formulated with carefully selected superior quality ingredients for improved air quality, healthier working conditions, less mess and faster cleanup. It is a thin bed cement based adhesive, specifically formulated to bond a variety of tiles onto rigid substrates. It is easy-to-use products and fits under Do-It-Yourself concept.
- Single component, just add water at site. No any additives required
- Excellent quality, Easy to fix, tile does not slip
- Excellent handling characteristics through extended open and adjustment time
- Less harmful to health and environment friendly
- Keeps building site clean
- No effect on A/C and adjoining building parts when refurbishing
- Decreasing time/costs for cleaning
- Complies to Indian and International standards (ANSI/EN/BIS)
Use 4.5 – 5 ltr of water or Acemix 2C latex admix or Acemix Superflex admix (for plywood bonding) for 20 kg powder. Take liquid in a 20 ltr clean pail and pour powder slowly to the pail under slow mixing. Mix by hand or use a slow speed drill mixer (150 – 200 rpm speed) to achieve a smooth, paste-like consistency. Let the homogeneously mixed adhesive mixture slake or stand 5-10 minutes, stir again and use. Stir occasionally, but do not add more water. When properly mixed, troweled ridges will stand without slump.
Use a required size notch trowel to ensure proper coverage under tiles. Using the flat side of the trowel, apply a skim coat of mortar to the surface. With the help of properly notched or teeth side of the trowel held at a 45° angle, apply additional mortar to the surface, combing in one direction. Press the tile firmly into place in a perpendicular motion across ridges, moving back and forth. The perpendicular motion flattens ridges and closes valleys, allowing maximum coverage. With some tile, back-buttering is advisable. Adjust the tile promptly and beat it in with a beating block and rubber mallet. Periodically pull up a tile and check the back to ensure proper adhesive coverage. If the material has skinned over, recomb with the notch trowel. If too dry, remove and replace the dry material with fresh material. Material in the bucket will remain workable for approximately 3- 4 hours.
- Cement floors, concrete bed
- Ceramic tiles and stones
- For most category dry wall boards like gypsum, cement particle board, calcium silicate board, etc
Surfaces must be structurally strong. Remove all grease, oil, dirt, curing compounds, sealers, adhesives or any other contaminant that would prevent good bonding. Glossy or painted surfaces must be sanded, or abraded, and stripped off all contaminants. Concrete or plaster must be cured 28 days prior to bonding unless it is made with Acescreed or Aceplast Premium. Concrete must be free of efflorescence and not subject to hydrostatic pressure. Concrete slabs should have a course finish to enhance the bond. Roughen the surface by sanding or abrading, then rinse and allow to dry. Expansion joints should never be bridged with setting material. Surface temperature should be maintained above 10° C or below 38° C to achieve proper bond. For questions about proper installation, call Technical Services executives on +91 963 260 5577.
Available in 20 kg bags in grey and white colour.
12 months, if stored in cool and dry area in unopened bag.
Approximately 3 sft per 1 kg for 3 mm bed thickness. Coverage will vary depending on surface undulation and application variances.
Curing and protection:
Curing time is affected by ambient, surface temperatures and humidity. Generally, light foot traffic can be allowed in 16 hours at 25°C, normal foot traffic in 24 hours and heavy foot traffic in 7days after installation.
Grouting can be done after 24 hrs of installation of tiles. Use Acegrout superfine series grout for up to 3mm joints and Acegrout coarse series grout for 3 - 12 mm joints. Use Acepoxy Epoxy grout for stain and chemical resistance, hygienic grout. Please call customer service executive for more information.
- Store in cool and dry place.
- High humidity or moisture will affect the product.
- Once bag is opened, then finish it off without keeping for long time.
- This product contains Portland cement and free silica. Avoid eye contact or prolonged contact with skin.
- Wash thoroughly after handling. If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes and consult a physician.
- Do not breathe dust; wear PPE whenever necessary