ACEBLOCK Premium is a high quality block fixing mortar designed to provide superior chemical anchoring between porous bricks. It is a specially formulated cementitious ready-mix adhesive to be mixed with water at site and used as thin bed adhesive for bonding light weight, aerated and all kind of building blocks. It can also be used to fix the tiles on wall made with similar blocks.
- Single component, just mix with water at site before use
- Self curing, Smooth and creamy consistency
- High flexibility and bond strength to withstand shock and impact force
- Dual purpose, can be used to construct the brick walls as well as fix tiles on those brick walls
- Mixing Ratio: 7.5 to 8.5ltr for 30 kg powder
- Open Time: Approx 15 min
- Adjustment Time:Approx 15 min
- Pot Life: Approx 4hrs
- Shear bond strength: Minimum 250PSI(1.72N/mm)
- Compressive strength: Minimum 2200PSI(15.17N/mm)
- Duration for light load 6 hrs
- Duration for normal load 24 hrs
- Duration for heavy load 72 hrs
- Duration for plastering or tiling 24 hrs
Use required amount of water or approximately 7.5 – 8.5 litre of water for 30 kg powder. Take liquid in a big clean pail and pour powder slowly to the pail under slow mixing. Mix by hand or use a low speed drill mixer (150 – 200 rpm speed) to achieve a smooth, paste-like consistency. Let the homogeneously mixed material slake or stand 5 -10 minutes, stir again and use. Stir occasionally, but do not add more water.
Use a required size notch trowel to ensure proper coverage under blocks. Using the flat side of the trowel, apply a skim coat of mortar to the surface. With the help of properly notched or teeth side of the trowel held at a 45° angle, apply additional mortar to the surface, combing in one direction. Place and adjust the block firmly into place in a motion across ridges, moving back and forth. The perpendicular motion flattens ridges and closes valleys, allowing maximum coverage. With some blocks, pre-wetting is advisable. Adjust the blocks promptly and beat it in with a beating hammer and rubber mallet. Periodically pull up a block and check the back to ensure proper adhesive coverage. If the material has skinned over, recomb with the notch trowel. If too dry, remove and replace the dry material with fresh material. Material in the bucket will remain workable for approximately 3- 4 hours.
Interior and exterior brick wall construction, levelling and tiling
- Bricks, Aerated blocks and walls made with them
Surfaces must be structurally strong. Remove all grease, oil, dirt, curing compounds, sealers, adhesives or any other contaminant that would prevent good bonding. Glossy or painted surfaces must be sanded, or abraded, and stripped off all contaminants. Concrete or plaster must be cured 28 days prior to bonding unless it is made with Acescreed or Aceplast Premium. Concrete must be free of efflorescence and not subject to hydrostatic pressure. Concrete slabs should have a course finish to enhance the bond. Roughen the surface by sanding or abrading, then rinse and allow to dry. Expansion joints should never be bridged with setting material. Surface temperature should be maintained above 10° C or below 38° C to achieve proper bond. For questions about proper installation, call Technical Services executives on +91 963 260 5577.
Available in 30 kg bags in grey colour
12 months if stored in cool and dry area in unopened bag. Shelf life is calculated from the month of manufacturing of the product.
Curing and Protection
Curing time is affected by ambient, surface temperatures and humidity. Generally, light foot traffic can be allowed in 16 hours at 25°C, normal foot traffic in 24 hours and heavy foot traffic in 7days after installation.
Grouting can be done after 24 hrs of installation of tiles. Use Acegrout superfine series grout for up to 3mm joints and Acegrout coarse series grout for 3 - 12 mm joints. Use Acepoxy Epoxy grout for stain and chemical resistance, hygienic grout. Please call customer service executive for more information.
- Store in cool and dry place.
- High humidity or moisture will affect the product.
- Once bag is opened, then finish it off without keeping for long time.
- This product contains Portland cement and free silica. Avoid eye contact or prolonged contact with skin.
- Wash thoroughly after handling. If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes and consult a physician.
- Do not breathe dust; wear PPE whenever necessary